Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Have Found My Voice And I Know My Audience


My chosen piece that I feel illustrated my awareness of audience and voice is, What’s your community? I identified the gym as my community and felt that I did well in writing for a specific audience and purpose because many people belong to or have been at one time a part of this community. Writing my perspective on the goals and values shared by my community, and challenging the audience by pointing out the positive and negative effects on the cohesion of the gym community I thought made my paper more interesting to the audience.

At first I wasn’t crazy about the discussion posts or blog, but that was mostly due to the fact that I had never experienced working in either one. Once I got the hang of things I found both very helpful in getting me to think deeper into things. Reading and discussing views and opinions of others has allowed me to see there can be many sides to an issue. With all of the support, encouragement, and feedback from my peers and instructors, I have to say that doing this type of “public” writing definitely helped me to develop and grow as a writer and a reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment